Notice of Annual Trustee Elections
November 7, 2017, the Chicago Teachers’ Pension Fund will hold elections for
2 Teacher Trustees to serve three-year terms from November 2017-2020
1 Principal/Administrator Trustee, to fill a vacancy for the term ending November 2019
3 Pensioner Trustees to serve two-year terms from November 2017-2019
Eligibility Criteria for Candidates
Individuals who wish to run for office must meet the following criteria as of October 1, 2017:
Teacher Trustee candidates must:
- Be a CTPF Member, other than a Principal/Administrator, as defined by the Illinois Pension Code
- Have been assigned on a regular certificate for at least 10 years in the Chicago Public Schools or charter schools within District 299
- Be nominated by a petition signed by at least 200 contributors who are not principals/administrators
Principal/Administrator Trustee candidates must:
- Be a principal/administrator as defined by the Illinois Pension Code
- Be nominated by a petition signed by at least 25 contributors who are principals/administrators
Pensioner Trustee candidates must:
- Be a service, reciprocal, or disability pensioner receiving monthly payments from the Fund
- Be nominated by a petition signed by not less than 100 pensioners
Eligibility Criteria for Voters
- Voters in the Teacher Trustee Election shall be contributors, as defined by the Illinois Pension Code, other than principal/administrators and pensioners, as of October 1, 2017.
- Voters in the Principal/Administrator Trustee Election shall be principals/administrators, as defined by the Illinois Pension Code, as of October 1, 2017.
- Voters in the Pensioner Trustee Election shall be pensioners receiving a service, reciprocal, or disability pension from CTPF as of October 1, 2017.
Individuals who meet the criteria listed above can request a nomination packet from the Chicago Teachers' Pension Fund office beginning Monday, May 1, 2017. Call Gail Davis 312-604-1400, ext. 402, or e-mail email@example.com. Completed petitions and candidate resumes must be submitted to the Chicago Teachers' Pension Fund office, 203 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2600, Chicago, Illinois 60601-1231, on or before the close of business at 5:00 p.m.(CDT), Friday, September 29, 2017.
Schedule of Election Events
|May 1, 2017||Election packets available|
|September 29, 2017||5:00 p.m., nomination packets due to CTPF|
|October 20, 2017||Election materials mailed and online voting available for Pensioners and Principal/Administrator Election|
|November 1-7, 2017||Election materials distributed in schools and online voting available for Teacher Trustee election|
|November 7, 2017||Voting closes for all elections at 5:00 p.m. All mail-in ballots must be received by this date.|
|November 15, 2017||Final election results certified|
|November 19, 2017||Trustees sworn in during CTPF Board Meeting|