Notice of Annual Trustee Elections
CTPF will hold elections for:
- Two (2) Teacher Trustees to serve three-year terms from November 2018-2021 (voting November 1-7, 2018)
- One (1) Pensioner Trustee to fill a vacancy for the term ending November 2019 (voting October 19-November 7, 2018)
See schedule below for further details on voting.
Eligibility Criteria for Candidates
Individuals who wish to run for office must meet the following criteria as of October 1, 2018:
Teacher Trustee candidates must:
- be a Member, other than a Principal/Administrator, as defined in 40 ILCS 5/17-106;
- have been assigned on a regular certificate for at least 10 years in the Chicago Public Schools or charter schools within District 299 (this includes anyone who is licensed and has worked in the Chicago Public Schools or Charter Schools for at least 10 years on a regular certificate, including as a substitute); and
- be nominated by a petition signed by at least 200 contributors who are not Principals/Administrators, as provided in 40 ILCS 5/17- 139(1).
Pensioner Trustee candidates must:
- be a service, reciprocal, or disability pensioner receiving monthly payments from the Fund; and
- be nominated by a petition signed by not less than 100 pensioners, as provided in 40 ILCS 5/17-139(2).
Individuals who meet the criteria listed above can request a nomination packet from the Chicago Teachers' Pension Fund. Call Gail Davis at 312-604-1400, ext. 402, or email email@example.com to request a packet. Completed petitions and candidate resumes must be submitted to the Chicago Teachers' Pension Fund office, 203 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2600, Chicago, Illinois 60601-1231, on or before the close of business at 5:00 p.m. (CDT), Monday, October 1, 2018.
Eligibility Criteria for Voters
- Teachers who are not administrators shall be eligible to vote for Teacher Trustees in accordance with Sections 17-138 and 139. Every Member must have obtained that voter eligibility status on or before October 1st of the election year.
- Pensioners receiving a service, reciprocal, or disability pension from CTPF as of October 1st of the election year shall be eligible to vote for Pensioner Trustee.
Schedule of Election Events
|February 15, 2018||Election packets available|
|October 1, 2018||5:00 p.m. (CDT), nomination packets due to CTPF|
|October 19, 2018||Election materials mailed and online voting available for Pensioner Trustee election|
|November 1, 2018||Unique voter identification numbers to be distributed by this date for Teacher Trustee election|
|November 1-7, 2018||Online voting available for Teacher Trustee election through November 7 at 5:00 p.m. (CDT)|
|November 7, 2018||Voting closes for all elections at 5:00 p.m. (CDT). All mail-in ballots must be received by this date.|
|November 13, 2018||Trustees sworn in during CTPF Board of Trustees meeting|